Objective: To increase knowledge and awareness of different majors and job opportunities available to you. To match your interests with your dream job. To prepare you for college/career.
Guest Speakers: People from different colleges, downtown business owners, bank and investment individuals and others as needed
College/Career Fair this is in the works…not guaranteed for the Fall!
Outlook for class: Requirements
- Interest Inventory test…Holland Code/ Career Cruising: Due Date __Aug 25___
- Pick 5 colleges of interest and compare: Due Date ___Sept 8__
- Program requirements
- Plan of study
- Bachelor, Master, or PHD
- Must compare on a spreadsheet and you can not turn in print-offs from web site. : Due Date _____
- Interview a college/technical college student: Due Date __Nov 3___
- Difference between college and high school
- If I could do one thing to be prepared for college what would it be?
- Brainstorm more questions
- College Signing Day Due Date___May 2___
- What is this going to look like!
- Cost of living in college activity: Due Date Jan 24
- Where is your money coming from after you walk across the stage for graduation?
: Due Date Sept 11
- Interview your parents and talk about how you are going to fund college: Due Date _Sept 11____
- Take time and find scholarships…you MUST fill-out 20 scholarships per nine weeks; make a folder organize it out renewable, local, college, GPA meet Due Date _____
- Visit web-sites
- Career Cruising
- Check board
- I will also email you in a group email with scholarships with due dates
- Resume: Due Date __9/1___
- Bio: Due Date _8/30____
- Why should you receive this scholarship? Due Date __8/30______
- Interview TWO people in your career choice: Due Date ___3/14__
- Brainstorm questions
- Financial Piece Modules Due Date
- Xello information updated Due Date__12/1___ and ___5/1___
For every ONE athletic scholarship there are 70 academic scholarships!
Act.org/onlinepreplive this is to help with ACT prep go to actstudent.org
THOSE WHO FAIL TO PLAN CAN PLAN ON FAILING